Women can be very selective when they are picking mates. We often ask ourselves, what are the qualities they screen us for? And it’s vice versa. Sometimes a person can hide his or her shortcomings and bad habits, until the relationship gets to an advanced stage.
However, sometimes you just know when he or she is the one. Your instinct tells you this.
Although our instinct (especially women’s instinct) can be a very punctual thing, you can always double check to see if he or she has what it takes to be your mate in the long run.
In this article, you will read about 20 qualities that a person has to possess in order to be the best option for you.
1. Supports your choices and passions. This person should be always 100% behind every decision you make in order to achieve your goals and dreams.
2. Increases the quality of your life. He or she should help you grow as a person.
3. Has a great sense of humor. You should have fun with this person. If they know how to bring out your inner child, they are for you.
4. Adores you in every way. He or she should show you how much they love you with random acts, even if you aren’t a person that seeks validation.
5. Wants to compromise. There are arguments in every relationship, but he or she shouldn’t solve anything by yelling and fighting. You two should solve every problem with talk.
6. Shows respect to both you and your family. Even if they love you the most in the world, if they don’t respect your friends or family, it can become a serious problem.
7. Respects your opinions. Even if he or she doesn’t agree with many of your opinions, they should still respect them.
8. Loves you, but also himself/herself. This person should be strong enough to stand on their own in times when you aren’t near them.
9. You can trust them. When you can’t trust someone, it can become a problem. You will always wonder if they lied to you, and chances are they will also feel the same way about you.
10. Fulfills you. They should always encourage you and excite you about life.
11. Has a life on his/her own. Your partner should have some time for themselves.
12. Tries to improve the relationship. They should always let go of the past problems and always seek ways to make the relationship better.
13. Tries to make you better. Your partner should bring out the best in you.
14. Loves every aspect of yourself. He or she should know your flaws, and not only accept them but love them as well.
15. Is accountable for his or her mistakes. We all make them, but it’s very important how we react to them. Your partner should always take the blame when it’s their fault, and even when it’s not, it just shows how much they love you.
16. Can be vulnerable in front of you. One of the most important things in a relationship is communication. So, he or she should open up to you and act without any masks on, and you should be able to do the same in front of them.
17. Can keep you in check. He or she shouldn’t let you keep doing something if you misbehave. They should be here to correct you behavior and attitudes.
18. You can be yourself around them. There might be things about yourself that you are ashamed to show to anyone, but you shouldn’t feel this way in front of your partner. He should encourage you to be yourself and not be afraid of your flaws.
19. You can depend on him or her. When you need something, you should always be able to rely on them.
20. You enjoy being around them. Having them around should be easy, and not irritating. He or she should also be your best friend, not just lover.
Source: Truth Inside Of You