Onions are known as one of the healthiest foods in the world. It is not everyone’s favorite, but those who love it cannot imagine a meal without them.
Onions have numerous health properties, some of them are: anti-inflammatory, anti-allergic, antioxidant, and anti-carcinogenic qualities.
Moreover, the flavonoids and the sulfur that they contain are very beneficial for the hearth. Also for people who have high cholesterol levels, diabetes, arthritis, and generally as an antioxidant.
HEALING POWER OF ONIONS. HEALTH AND BEAUTY BENEFITS OF RAW ONION
ONION FOR EAR INFECTION
1. Slice an onion in half and scoop out the inner layers until only the last 2-3 rings remain.
2. Next, heat the onion at 300 degrees for 15 minutes, it will be ready when is slightly steaming.
3. Wrap the onion in a towel and cup it over the infected ear. Repeat this procedure until the pain disappears.
PROMOTE HAIR GROWTH
1. First, you need you extract the juice from the onion and then add one teaspoon of honey. Next, add a few drops of a lavender oil.
2. Massage your scalp with the mixture.
3. Cover your hair with a shower cap and leave it on overnight or at least for 1 hour.
4. The next morning washes your hair with a shampoo.
Repeat this treatment 2-3 times a week for a few months or until you get the wanted results.
The antiseptic properties that the onion contains can prevent infection, thus it promotes quick healing.
When a freshly cut onion is applied on to the burn wound, it alleviate the pain almost instantly. Repeat, the procedure few times.
ONION FOR INSECT BITES AND STINGS
The onions contain sulfur that neutralizes chemicals that cause the itch. In case of an insect bite, just slice a peace of the onion and place it on that area. The itch will disappear immediately.
ONION FOR SCARS
Another amazing way that you can use onions, is for taking care of your scars. They can be surgery or just typical scars, either way the onions are here to help.
First, you need to mix three grams of salt with ten grams of dish soap. Cut the onion in very small pieces, trying to make them equal in size. Add the salt and soap mixture and stir well.
Next, place the mixture in a bath of water for about fifteen minutes, and then immediately put it in cold water for five minutes, and keep stirring.
Finally, blend the mixture for a few seconds and then strain it. The liquid that remains is onion extract. Once a day applies the extract on the scars.
Note: If in case you notice the skin is turning red or something doesn’t feel right, stop the treatment and see your dermatologist.